I’ve been in sales all of my life. I love it. If you’ve ever worked in sales, you probably participated in motivational meetings. The director of sales will gather the team and give some talk to inspire them so they can go out there and dig deep to make the numbers.
The same thing happens in locker rooms every day across the country. Coaches inspire and talk to their teams and try to get them to rise up. Sports are zero sum events. You either win or you lose, but even there we can find moments of inspiration.
Let’s start the day off getting inspired. We all need that every once in a while. I took a few hours to watch inspirational videos on YouTube knowing that I would eventually want to share them in an article. Here are some of my favorites from YouTube to help you when you need it and to get you fired up.
- “Why Do We Fall” This video was seen by over 39 million people and is a combination of inspirational words and video. Click here.
- “Dream” This video was seen by nearly 29 million people and is also a combination of words and video. Click here.
- “Powerful Inspirational true story…Never give up!” This is a video about the athlete Derek Redmond at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona. Watch what happens and remember, never give up. Click here.
- “Famous Failures” This video is one of my most favorites. It’s less than 3 minutes long. See what failure looks like. Click here.
- “Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur’s Inspirational Transformation!” This video is about a combat veteran who was told he would never walk on his own again. What do you think happened? Click here.
- “Steve Jobs – Inspirational Speech ‘If today were the last day of my life’” These are images of Steve Jobs with his words after hearing he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Click here.
- “Look At Yourself After Watching This” This is a great video about the life of Nick Vujicic. He’s an international motivational speaker. By the way, he has no arms or legs. Over 60 million people watched this video. Click here.
- “Random Acts of Kindness Caught on Film” This video is self-explanatory. Click here.
- “Where sports meets humanity. Amazing Video” This is a compilation of human moments in sports. Even in the tough arena of sports, there are moments of humanity. Click here.
- “What Do You Want To Be Remembered For? – Motivation” A video that’s less than 6 minutes that will challenge your thinking. Click here.
Author of “Get Off the Couch: Grip & Rip and Break the Barriers Holding You Back in Life” (Free Digital Download)
© 2016 Wayne Elsey and Not Your Father’s Charity. All Rights Reserved.