The summer is an excellent time to do planning and preparation for the biggest fundraising time of the year––year end and holiday giving.
Today’s article is going to be a shameless plug for my social enterprise, Funds2Orgs because my team and I are proud to present to you our new website. We worked on it for many months, but we think we’re giving all of our supporters a fresh, user-friendly experience.
If you’re looking to raise money without having to ask for money; if you’re looking not to have to sell anything to raise funds, then I encourage you to take a look at our website. We are the leader in the U.S. and North America in shoe drive fundraising, and we’ve earned that place because we care about our partners.
What is Shoe Drive Fundraising?
When you work with Funds2Orgs, we consider you and your organization a partner. That means we want to create a win/win situation where you get every opportunity for fundraising success. My team and I recognize that your success is our success, and candidly, we bend over backward to make sure we support our partners.
Shoe drive fundraising is unlike most all other fundraisers. There’s no need to ask anyone for money, and you don’t have to sell anything like cookies, candy or wrapping paper. You’re not asking anyone to part with their hard earned money. All you are doing is asking them for their gently worn, used and new shoes.
Did you know that most families have 10 to 15 shoes they no longer want or use in their closets, in storage, and around their homes?
These shoes become currency for a shoe drive fundraiser. The formula is easy: More Shoes = More Money. In other words, the more shoes you collect, the more money you make at your shoe drive fundraiser. At the end of your fundraising event, Funds2Orgs issues you a check after we’ve picked up and processed the footwear.
It’s pretty simple.
What Is the Support I Receive?
Many nonprofits, churches, school, youth groups and civic organizations have never done a shoe drive fundraiser, so they might not understand how to be successful or what they have to do.
That’s alright. We’ve worked with thousands of organizations, and we have a team of fundraising coaches to make sure you get all the support you need with no out-of-pocket costs. These are just some of the things you receive when you work with the national leader in shoe drive fundraising:
- A live person that we call a “fundraising coach” will work with you in planning and executing your fundraiser.
- The collection material for the shoes, including rubber bands and clear bags.
- The marketing and promotional materials, including a press release template, and plenty of “how to’s” and guides to ensure you have all of the information you need.
- Fundraising tips (not just shoe drive fundraising, but also general marketing and fundraising) from our social media expert, Joe, on YouTube. (By the way, if you’re interested in learning more about social media, catch his series on our Funds2Orgs YouTube channel).
- We also have a learning center where you can pick up free digital downloads of my books, information for shoe drive fundraising and also broader topics related to nonprofit marketing and fundraising.
If you’re curious and this sounds like something you could find beneficial, I encourage you to please go to our new website at Funds2Orgs.com. Explore it and let us know what you think by reaching out to email@example.com.
Author of “Not Your Father’s Charity: How to Dominate Your Fundraising to Create Your Success” (Free Digital Download)
© 2017 Wayne Elsey and Not Your Father’s Charity. All Rights Reserved.